Following is a guide to some of the equipment with integrated (built-in) Digital tuners that are currently available:
- Digital Plasma Televisions.
- Digital LCD or LED Televisions.
- Digital DVD Recorders.
- Digital PVRs (Personal Video Recorder) – also known as Hard Drive Recorders.
- Set Top Boxes (Standard Definition or High Definition) – some also have Hard Drives.
- Combination Video/DVD recorders – for those that still wish to play video tapes.
- TiVo – a Hard Drive Recorder that can be taught your preferences and automatically record shows for you. They have Twin Digital tuners which allow you to record 2 channels at the same time. A Broadband internet connection is also required.
At the top end of the market, with all the bells and whistles is a DVD/Hard Disc Drive Recorder with Twin Digital Tuners, allowing you to record 2 different channels and watch a DVD at the same time. Some models also come with Blu-Ray recording.
There are also some Digital TV’s available with built in Hard Disc Drive recording.
Posted in: faqs