There are some excellent reasons to convert NOW such as:
1) Digital only channels (as listed below).
- ABC 2 – Channel 22. Has Kids shows on during the day and some excellent documentaries at night. It includes a mix of new shows, archival footage and repeats of ABC1 shows.
- ABC 3 – Channel 23. Is initially slotted to to include at least 50% of Australian made content. This is expected to increase over time.
- ABC NEWS – Channel 24. Is a 24/7 News channel. High Definition only.
- HD ONE – (TEN Network) Channel 50. A 24/7 Sports channel. High Definition only.
- “GO” – (NBN Network) Channel 88. It includes a mix of Movies, Sci-Fi, Sitcoms, Crime/Law, Drama and Reality shows.
- GEM – (NBN Network) Channel 80. GEM stands for General Entertainment Movies. It will target “females 35+ and is expected to screen new shows, cult favourites and reruns. High Definition only.
- 7 TWO on Prime – Channel 62. A variety of programs including quite a few first run Prime time shows such as Lost, Heroes and 24, etc.
- 7mate on Prime – Channel 63. It is aimed at men aged 16-49. High Definition Only.
ELEVEN – A variety of programs. ELEVEN is the new exclusive free-to-air home of two iconic programs, Neighbours and The Simpsons, and will cater to a distinctly youthful audience with an exciting line-up of all-new episodes including Dexter, Futurama, The Office, Supernatural, Californication, Smallville, Nurse Jackie, 90210 and So You Think You Can Dance US.
For a complete list of available channels – go to our Digital TV Printable Channel List.
2) To avoid the rush in the lead up to the Analog Switch-off. (We anticipate that many people will have a substantial wait to get work carried out closer to the Analog Switch-off. It is expected that there will be an influx of less experienced installers to cater for the demand, leaving consumers exposed to poor workmanship, cheap parts and no ongoing Warranty or support.)
Posted in: faqs